The Mkoba Teachers College Library houses all educational training materials in the form of textbooks, internet facilities and periodicals for use by lectures and students.
To be the centre for research and study to meet the training, informational and educational needs of the college and the whole academic community.
To provide excellent information services which support the college curricula and extra curricula activities, as well as helping to produce quality teachers for quality education.
D. CORE VALUES
To promote study, teaching, learning and research through the collection and circulation of suitable materials.
Books and Journals
Mkoba teachers’ college houses about 31 000 library materials which include books, textbooks for primary school education, audio-visual materials, educational reports, research reports, journals, magazines, parliamentary reports and debates, statutory instruments.
The library has eLearning resources which include both open source and subscription based electronic resources
The electronic resources are
· EBSCO Host Research Databases Click here to View
· Informs Click here to View
· Sage Journals Click here to View
· Ebrary Academic Complete Click here to View
· Taylor & Francis eBestseller Packages Click here to View
· Taylor & Francis Journals Click here to View
· Wiley Online Library Full collection Click here to View
· Emerald Management 120 (EM120) Click here to View
· Doaj (Directory of open access journals) Click here to View
· Journal of Social Science Education (JSSE) Click here to View
·Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS) Click here to View
· Africa portal Click here to View
· International education studies Click here to View
· Project MUSE Journals Click here to View
· Directory of open access books (DOAB) Click here to View
· Global electronic thesis and dissertation search Click here to View
· World wide science.org Click here to View
· African journal Archive Click here to View
· Bioline International Click here to View
· De Grutyer Open Click here to View
· Education resources Information Center (ERIC) Click here to View
· PhysMath Central Click here to View
· JURN Click here to View
· World Bank elibrary"
· OUP Oxford Journals
Our library has an internet facility which is used for academic research only. Use of flash disks and T-flashes are not allowed. Pornographic sites, face book or any other social network sites are prohibited. Students should log in the internet log book before using a computer. Each patron is entitled to 30 minutes then log off when his or her time expires.
LIBRARY SECURITY SYSTEM
Our library security system consists of surveillance camera (CCTV – Closed Circuit television, 16 cameras, EMT alarm system and all library materials are inserted metal strips which trigger an alarm at the exit gate.
The Library shall be open to users as follows:
MONDAY TO THURSDAY : 0900-2100HRS
FRIDAYS : 0900-1500HRS
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS : CLOSED
COLLEGE HOLIDAYS : OPEN FROM 0900-1600HRS
THE LIBRARY WILL ALSO BE CLOSED WHEN STOCK TAKE IS IN PROGRESS
NB; the Library closes at 1500hrs on Fridays to allow library staff to;
Check and inspect materials
Follow-up on outstanding over-dues, books, prepare lists, etc
Updating library records
Basic Rules and regulations
· Maintain silence.
· Readers college identity cards are not transferable
· All patrons using the library should be formally dressed
· Discussions and consultations are not allowed in the library.
· Mobile phones must be placed on silent or switched off.